jidori chicken cassoulette – all parts were utilized but it was a the skin that everyone remembers!!!
in my short time at mark’s new american cuisine i learned a lot, but mostly i learned that chef cox strives on total utilization. nothing goes to waste in his kitchen, i mean nothing!!! in fact, the words “total utilization is the key to success” is something i still say in the kitchen and it has become one of my many sayings…
fot the crispy chicken skin –
- skin of one whole chicken
- shiro shoyu
- remove skin
- marinade skin in shiro shoyu and sugar for 30 min
- stretch skim over a baking rack and secure with twine
- render skin in oven until some-what crispy
- remove from oven dab a paper towel to remove excess fat
- place in dehydrator over night
- get ready to live!!!